The chatter about self care has been hitting the pages of social media and television screens everywhere for years. Do a quick internet search and you’ll quickly see that Oprah, Health Magazine, Fitness Magazine, Men’s Health, and LA Times have ALL your self care must haves covered. At RehabGAB, we’re committed to the standard walks, getting a goodnight sleep, eating vegetables and facemask regimen but also encourage engagement in social and recreational activities as a form of self CARE and most importantly self LOVE. We’ve put together a list of programs in Southern California that may be useful for you or someone you know. Check them out and let us know what you think!
- Ability First – Social recreation, supported employment and community reintegration
- AmpSurf Sports and surfing for adults and veterans in central & southern CA
- Angel City Sports – Sports for kids, adults and veterans
- Artists for Trauma Serves adults and veterans
- Axis Dance – Dance in Oakland
- Camp del Corazon Summer camp for children 6-17 years old who are living with heart disease
- Casa Colina Outdoor Adventures Day trips and adventures for teens and adults
- Challenged Athletes Foundation Sports for children and adults + military
- Coach Art Offers art and athletic lessons to chronically ill children and their siblings between the ages of 5-18.
- C.O.R.E. (Center of Restorative Exercise) is an inclusive, integrated fitness facility that bridges the gap between rehabilitation and fitness.
- Hoops and Stars Basketball
- Infinite Flow Dance in Los Angeles
- Life Rolls On – Adapted surf and skate events.
- No Limits Foundation Camp for children with limb differences
- PossAbilities Sports such as basketball and cycling
- RadCamp Offers camp experiences for children and adults
- Ramp Cycling and handcycling for children and adults in Southern California
- Rancho Los Amigos, Wheelchair Sports Program
- Red Star Riders Assists families in purchasing adaptive tricycles for children with physical disabilities
- Rigby Arts – Performance arts
- Rosebowl Adaptive Aquatics Adaptive swim lessons available under Activities -> Therapy Programs tab
- SanDiego Sharp Rugby Team Rugby
- Stronghold Climbing Gym Indoor rock climbing
- Surfers Healing – Surfing for children with autism and their family
- The Painted Turtle Camp opportunities
- Triumph Adaptive Recreation Sports such as baseball, carriage riding, handcycling & more
- United States Adaptive Recreation Center Mountain skiing, paddle boarding & jet skiing
Know of more? Send us a message and we’ll share the resource with the RehabGAB community! Oh, and don’t forget to eat your veggies! (😊)
Click on the link to download a more informational and printer friendly version of this list.